Your privacy and security is our top priority.
BioData, the producers of Labguru, take all reasonable precautions to keep your data safe and secure.
Bank Level Security
- Labguru uses the same level of physical and encryption security that banks use to protect your data.
- Using Labguru gives you DigiCert SSL certificate with 2048-bit SSL certificate exchange and 256-bit data encryption. The SSL connection protects sensitive data, such as credit card information, exchanged during each visit (session). Whether you need to secure one or many domains, one or multiple servers. DigiCert performs a rigorous validation to ensure that the trusted green HTTPS address bar is only associated with the most trusted organizations. Labguru is proud to provide this high level of communication security.
- Using Qualsys, we conduct host level and application level vulnerability scanning on a regular basis.
21 CFR Part 11 CompliantLabguru complies with the FDA's 21 CFR Part 11, a regulation pertaining to electronic records and electronic signatures. Relevant features include:
- Audit Trail - Upon request by an account owner, BioData can trace the time and user of every action conducted within Labguru. Contact [email protected] to initiate an audit trail.
- Digital Signature - A "Sign & Lock" button for experiments, protocols and documents allows the PI of a lab to Sign and Lock these entities. Once locked, an entity can no longer be edited. Labguru will display the name of the person who signed it, as well as the date and time it was done. While experiments, protocols, and documents that were signed and locked can no longer be edited, they can be duplicated, so that their copy can continue to be worked with (with an indication that it was duplicated from a signed entity).
- Your data is automatically backed up daily to multiple remote servers including BioData’s servers in the USA and to those operated by Amazon Web Services
- We retain data you delete from your Labguru account for at least one year.
- Password protected - Each Labguru user has a unique login username and password. BioData cannot access your password. If you forget your password, it can be reset via the login screen.
- Each lab member can view their lab account entries, according the restricted tiered access defined by the lab system administrator (PI and/or any other designated lab member).
- Employees of BioData may only access your data if specifically authorized for troubleshooting.